Sunday, October 17, 2010

40 years of Python... wow


To think another pop culture icon is turning 40!! Geesh was the 70s that great or is it just that we are a population bump? I hope the former as my son, like young people before him, rediscovered the hit and miss magic that is the Python oeuvre. Just the one therapy I have ignored over the past few days to attack my downward mood swings... that's right gerotology!

Doncha just luv it when you discover a new word and just hafta use it!

Good old laugther therapy. Maybe a good dose of Python today is just what Dr Adams ordered. Given that I am too far away from the Big Dipper or has that been dismantled at Luna Park, St Kilda? the Scenic Railway just doesn't cut it... and Space Mountain requires an LA airfare! Dear old Andrew I can never forget how you introduced me tothe power of adrenaline, but why oh why did we need the depressive Gin first? Was that just an excuse to drink dry martinis. As someone with BMD I never needed the push downwards with 'mother's ruin'.

So when chocolate's phenylethylamine is not enough, sunshine's seratonin boost, maybe good old belly laughs will do the trick.

Relax this isn't just another delaying tactic on my part, or at least that's what I am telling myself to justify screening a ridiculous DVD... possibly not Python after all I no longer guffaw when the punch lines are delivered. So which will have the desired effect and still leave me daylight hours to complete a minimal level of productive writing?

Must go... the DVD search is on in earnest now!

Also a confession... I had to look up the brain pleasing chemical in chocolate... I thought it was tryptophan now where does that come from?

Phenylethylamine

No comments:

Post a Comment