Thursday, April 22, 2010

A belated blog for yesterday...

Am still on the plus scale of the mood state graph which is extraordinary considering I have been unable to implement a sensible and practical sleep routine lately. The lack of quality REM sleep catches up and my Nanna naps have been expanding and eroding all productive afternoon work time, with the house coming alive after 6.30 when everybody is home... not the best time for focused writing. I still have yet to save enough money to get a carpenter to come and fit a new sliding door between 'my section of house' (the garage) and the body of the house ( where the blokes live and fight!). Such a simple solution to create a quiet space yet something else of necessity always crops up or I move higher on the mania scale and impulse spend! (No justification except I feel like a normal person for those few minutes, for a change... someone out in the world with earning capacity and disposable earnings).

Luckily the previous day's yoga class was holding firm and my energy levels were good, even if my concentration not so. I am now in countdown for a somewaht difficult family crisis point, very early May. As my wonderful psychiatrist has reassured me... anybody would be anxious and similarly going through the emotional swings that accompany this not-so small matter. It is as if no days matter until this is over and the Anzac Day weekend signals the coming of THAT month. My son's 21st becomes secondary at this point and as for Mother'd Day... well forget it.

I am praying some good friends can wrangle 'a good old Aussie sickie' mid month, post-crisis to spend a day celebrating one of our birthdays and having totally indulgent 'me' time at Peninsula Hot Springs. As mothers dealing with a challenging year on the famly front we all deserve it!

Rewards and living in the moment is my only consolation and driving impetus at present... but hey, what ever works to keep going, has to be a good thing, surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment