Monday, April 19, 2010

The Yoga worked!



Again dragging my lumpen body out of bed after less than three hours sleep, I forced myself to drive to the hospital. And the Yoga class was just perfect. Suddenly most of my anxiety has evaporated, and I do in fact feel re-energised (as cliched as that sounds). Pity the old weight still plays a degree of havoc with the knees and no downward-facing dog for me. (I could make some smart quip about that having been the case for many years now, but I will refrain!).

In order for Health Fund coverage had to attend Group Therapy with a counsellor I had not met before. This is always fraught, although just walking through the Eliza Ward doors made me just want to ring home and get a suitcase delivered. I guess the outside world has taken quite a toll over the past couple of weeks. I definitely felt like seeking sanctuary. The session was a touch cerebral but given we were prodominantly strangers that's to be expected. Why is it after the formal stuff finishes everybody let's their hair down and shares all the interesting female-buddy confidences?

Great to see J looking so well, but her voice is shot to pieces. That would have pleased B during the last two Collingwood match broadcasts. (What was the word of the day J?)

Also good to see V on day out and B going home for a while. These people feel like family. This is a Tuesday appointment I simply must keep up.

Ah, Yoga. I feel so much better and my left side is beginning to stretch as comfortably as my right. Eva, I even manage to stand on tiptoes without falling over as I do the breathing exercises... can't actually spell the name of the pose.

Came home determined to do some work but the lack of sleep caught up with me. I have been fighting off the need for a Nanna nap again as I know it will wreak havoc on my sleeping patterns and undo all the good I did today. At least doing an online newspaper read (away from the Carl Williams soap-opera) brought me some exciting news. Another dear theatre pal, Tony Sheldon is having a well-earned break from Priscilla (on the West End) and is finally going to play Bernadette when the show opens on Broadway next March. (Tattslotto ticket needed now). I am so thrilled that his Green Card issues have been overcome and that his contract negotiations similarly worked out. To think after extensive auditioning in the Big Apple he could not be matched in versatility. I am so proud of you Tony. Hope you get home and we can share a bottle of classy champagne before the year ends.

Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and get my backside into gear and finish my PhD, then we can both celebrate our mid fifties in style, having reached career landmarks. I do indeed feel inspired to pick up the pieces and scramble on.

No comments:

Post a Comment