Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Inspiration for today

Okay it's not my own words but it is exactly where my focus is this week, especially today. When all my 'personal environments' are listed, is it any wonder that I feel out of control on so many fronts, and how an excess of pressure/distress in any of these sends all my best laid plans and resolutions out the proverbial window?

http://workincolour.com.au/blog/post/64/succeed-dont-fail/

At last I can stop berrating myself. It is not that I have no willpower... it is just that I am not thinking clearly and determining (or valueng) the most urgent front on which to invest my emotional and physical energy... Inevitably the PhD will often seem off the radar in the mix. How normal is that? Rather than mentally despair, I just need a more holistic overview and maintain my mental strength and wellness.
(Tomorrow is a big day after all and the lead up has been energy sapping).

I also need to feel confident that when everything is under control (to an extent) then I can achieve at the highest level academically... and maybe there are days and even weeks when this is not humanly possible! This being one of them.

1 comment:

  1. P.S I also adore the pegged thongs! (You will need to click link to understand this comment). It is so me, with my obsessive compulive streak with respect colours... and notice the pegs are the same colour. (Mine at home have to be organised in coloured pairs!)

    ReplyDelete